You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-27 13:01:05

DSpider

Anyone tried installing Xfce through the repositories? GStreamer error

I had to uncomment mirrors from Germany and Indonesia to find a gstreamer.lalalala.xxx.version.something file. And use powerpill to do so.

I'm guessing the mirrors I tried (Romania, UK and a few random others) weren't completely synced and someone forgot that one stupid file. Without it the installation process wouldn't continue.

PS: I used "archlinux-2009.08-core-i686.img" from a USB flash drive. Not the netinstall (if it makes any difference).

Last edited by DSpider (2009-08-27 13:03:21)

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#2 2009-08-27 13:14:22

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Anyone tried installing Xfce through the repositories? GStreamer error

A bunch of gstreamer packages were updated in the last day so there is a chance that your mirrors were not synced.  Changing mirrors or waiting were your options, and your took the immediate solution tongue

#3 2009-08-27 15:32:38

DSpider

Can't even install Firefox... So far Arch Linux has left a very bad impression on me.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#4 2009-08-27 15:37:09

darknebula

Find a mirror that is synced properly from: http://users.archlinux.de/~gerbra/mirrorcheck.html
Then do a pacman -Syy. That might help with some sync problems.

Board footer