You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-28 04:10:45

egan

In What Package Are the style and diction Programs? [SOLVED]

I know this is an incredibly stupid question, but I cannot find what package I need for the style and diction programs... thank you for any information!

Last edited by egan (2009-08-28 13:58:58)

#2 2009-08-28 04:31:24

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Re: In What Package Are the style and diction Programs? [SOLVED]

Looks like you need the AUR package diction.

Usually most applications are already available in the main repositories or in the AUR, so when you're looking for a specific application, you should always check these two places first. There's also a command-line tool called `pkgfile' (from the pkgtools package) for searching for specific files, but it only works with the main (i.e.: binary) repositories.

#3 2009-08-28 13:58:43

egan

Re: In What Package Are the style and diction Programs? [SOLVED]

foutrelis wrote:

Looks like you need the AUR package diction.

Usually most applications are already available in the main repositories or in the AUR, so when you're looking for a specific application, you should always check these two places first. There's also a command-line tool called `pkgfile' (from the pkgtools package) for searching for specific files, but it only works with the main (i.e.: binary) repositories.

Oops, I suppose I didn't check the AUR carefully enough. That pkgtools package sounds interesting so I'll give it whirl. Thanks for the help.

Board footer