You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-27 14:53:25

Fahd

Cursor not showing using Compiz

Hello,

- After two days of head-aches, I managed to get Compiz working in a Virtualboxed Arch. Everything seems working, I can run "fusion-icon", change the window-decorator to Emerald, see the theme applied, change the theme in the Emerald configuration panel, I can write text, etc. Well everything is working except the cursor, there is no cursor ! actually I can move a "virtual" mouse and click things, if I right-click I can see a popup menu, I can interact with everything, the only problem is that the mouse is invisible.

Any help with this ?

Thanks smile

[EDIT]
Oh, I think I posted in the wrong subforum hmm Sorry ...

Last edited by Fahd (2009-08-27 14:55:08)

#2 2009-08-29 05:29:58

djszapi
Website

Re: Cursor not showing using Compiz

Hello Fahd!

Which WM do you use ? Can the cursor work well with gpm driver from console (runlevel 3)?

#3 2009-08-29 08:44:47

Fahd

Hi Laszlo!

- Thanks for the reply. If I use gnome with the default WM (metacity), the cursor works fine with the default "mouse" driver. The problem only occurs when switching to compiz : the cursor becomes inivisible, but if I move the mouse I can see it's presence when I hover over buttons, or click some random UI elements. In addition, there is a compiz plugin called "Show Mouse" that draws a circle around the mouse, when I activate it, I can see the circle moving when I move my mouse, so it's definitly just the cursor being invisible.

- Just for information, I have tried disabling mouse cursor hardware acceleration but it didn't help.

#4 2009-08-29 16:15:48

djszapi
Website

Did you do according to this describtion ?

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compiz

Board footer