You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-03 15:11:06

ls6678

Problems with ALSA and OSS

Hi.

I'm a ArchLinux user and I have been having problems with my audio, specifficaly the microphone.

My microphone works well with Audacity and I use it for speaking trough TeamSpeaker and since TeamSpeak still uses OSS I installed alsa-oss and added aoss to my TeamSpeak command. But, for some reason, the application stopped working (this have nothing to do with my real problem) and as substitute I installed TeamSpeak in Windows XP running on Virtualbox with ALSA audio. Everything worked smoothly until some weeks ago.

The microphone on Virtualbox stopped working but I still hear sound. And the funny thing is that TS Linux got working again, but if I use it with aoss I cannot use the microphone but I hear sound and to have microphone I have to use it without aoss but then i dont have sound on other apps.
And to get microphone on Virtualbox I have to enable OSS in preferences and use aoss but then, wich I don't understand why, I dont get any sound with other apps. :\

I have no idea what triggered this problem.

My audio device:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
ALC660-VD Analog

#2 2009-09-05 00:00:47

ls6678

Re: Problems with ALSA and OSS

No one? :\

Not even why Virtualbox with OSS and aoss "steals" the sound to the other apps?

Board footer