You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-17 00:33:55

estrada.oscar

Mysql QT plugin problem

Hi, I installed MythTV yesterday and I'm doing the last setup... (mythtv/setup/seup).  The problem is that it shows an error:

QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE
QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE
Unable to connect to database!
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded

I googled and those messages only appear when you compile QT without mysql support.  But the QT package is indeed compiled with that support (see /opt/qt/plugins/sqldrivers) so I don't know why It doesn't recognize it....:(  hope anyone knows what to do... big_smile

#2 2005-01-17 14:38:45

lanrat

Re: Mysql QT plugin problem

I'm not sure but maybe qt needs recompiling against newest mysql package (if you are using it of course)?

#3 2005-01-20 01:31:40

estrada.oscar

Re: Mysql QT plugin problem

yeah, you were right, you need to have first mysql installed and then recompile with the PKGBUILD from abs....  well anyway  another guy named kleptophobiac* gave me feedback and he told me to use his qt recompile... thanks guys.. now mysql works, and also mythtv!!!

If you look at the qt pkgbuild, it is there... but for some reason the actual qt binary distributed on archlinux.org doesn't have it compiled it. You can either rebuild the package from ABS (which takes bloody forever) or download my recompile, which should be what you need anyway.

http://www.mstcforum.com/projects/arch/ … pkg.tar.gz

pacman --upgrade qt-3.3.3-3.pkg.tar.gz

Run ldconfig after you install those two things, and give it another try.

Board footer