You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-18 18:02:44

celestialorb

Configuration File Reader

Hey guys,

A thought ran across my mind earlier today, is there a common configuration file reader tool that many programs use to read the .conf files?  I'm working on my own project and it would be nice not to have to write my own file parser for it.

The language I'm using is C++, and I've found several configuration file parsers, but I'd rather use one that may already be on my system.

Thanks in advance!  smile

#2 2009-09-18 18:08:37

moljac024

Re: Configuration File Reader

It's better that you write your own parser for it, less dependencies that way...

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2009-09-18 18:39:23

gnud

Re: Configuration File Reader

If you already use the boost libraries, then I suggest you use boost::program_options.

Using that library, options can be specified both on the command line and in a config file, without any more work from you. And the boost libraries add a lot of other useful stuff (plus, they are pretty common on linuxen (linii?)).

Board footer