You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-16 19:30:50

flako

[SOLVED] Can't mount my mp3 player

I have an mp3 player (iriver clix) that works like a universal mass storage device. It has always worked in arch, but now recently it has stopped working. I have tried rebooting to Windows XP, where it worked, and I successfully transfered some new songs to it. I updated to the newest kernel yesterday, but I still can't mount the drive. I have tried restarting the HAL daemon several times, and restarting the computer. When I try to mount the player I get this message

org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable no <-- (action, result)

followed by

Directory doesn't exist!

The player appears in my browser (pcmanfm) but it shows up the same error messages when I try clicking the icon. It however doesn't show up under /media.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by flako (2009-09-19 00:57:23)

#2 2009-09-16 23:26:35

sva_h4cky0
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Can't mount my mp3 player

org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable no <-- (action, result)

I guess it's permission problem.

If it has always worked in Arch before, maybe try scandisk first,bcoz it will not mounting if your vfat partition is unclean...

If it still fail, try to re-format your mp3 player, please BACKUP your data.

"Am I not good enough for you?"

#3 2009-09-19 00:56:38

flako

Re: [SOLVED] Can't mount my mp3 player

I solved this using the different suggestions from this thread, to fix the issues with hal and policykit. Thanks for pointing me to the permission problem sva, i forgot to check that! Hopefully this will link someone else with similar issues to the right thread...

Board footer