You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-21 18:24:14

milomouse
Website

Can't remove white border/line on left & top of Swiftweasel [Solved]

As the title states; I cannot remove this persistent white line/border thing at the top and left side of my Swiftweasel (Firefox) web browser. I know there must've been a post about this before but with such familiar/vague keyword combinations such as "white line border swiftweasel / firefox", etc, I couldn't find anything in the Forum or on Google except something to do with certain webpages (which in my case is on ALL pages). Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:
th_2009-Sep_Mon_21-1417.png

(Swiftweasel is at the top of the screen, in case you couldn't tell. See the white line/border at top/left?)

I disabled all my extensions and Stylish styles and the white line/border on top & left side are still there. This was an issue on my previous Arch installation as well (not that it has anything to do with Arch itself) but I'm just saying that it's been an issue before for me. Any ideas? hmm  It's just very annoying.

EDIT:  Solved: read my last post.

Last edited by milomouse (2009-09-21 21:24:10)

#2 2009-09-21 20:26:17

brenix

Re: Can't remove white border/line on left & top of Swiftweasel [Solved]

Has it always been like this? If it hasn't, maybe try temporarily renaming your ~/.mozilla folder and re-launching it. Obviously you'll be set back to the default settings/profile, but I've found this handy when trying to figure out where the issue is coming from.

#3 2009-09-21 21:23:35

milomouse
Website

Re: Can't remove white border/line on left & top of Swiftweasel [Solved]

Thanks for the response. As far as renaming ~/.mozilla, it kept regenerating itself each time I opened Swiftweasel, so I moved ~/.sw35 to ~/.sw000 and then opened it and there was no white line. So I went through one by one installing my add-ons again and, even though I had disabled it and restarted earlier, it turns out that if I don't install "NumExt" it wont have the white line. That's so weird that it didn't do it earlier when I disabled it. Sad, though, since I really liked that extensions. Maybe I'll see if I can edit the file somehow.

Board footer