You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-29 21:03:48

iDIEDaLONGtimeAGO

Shutdown Issues

Hi, i've been having some wierd shutdown issues since the past couple of days, and all this has started only after i installed preload. Basically any one of the following three things happens whenver i shutdown or reboot.
- evrythings proceeds normally
- im dropped to the gdm login screen
- the screen goes blank for 10 seconds and then im at the bios prompt, apparently it reboots but there's no indication of whats going on.

I tried evrything i could find, added my user to "power" , specifally put in the "reboot", "halt" and "shutdown" commands in the sudoers file for my user. Still, its pretty much random. I even disabled (& removed) preload, but no luck.
Any idea what do i need to do ?
Thanks.

#2 2009-09-29 21:09:12

nsa.wijayanto

Re: Shutdown Issues

have you tried shuting it down under root account? how about manual shutdown using shutdown -h now?

Eee PC 2G Surf (700)

#3 2009-09-29 21:20:46

iDIEDaLONGtimeAGO

Oh sorry i forgot to mention that these issues crop up if i use the gnome menu to reboot/shutdown. From the console its flawless.

#4 2009-09-29 21:31:49

nsa.wijayanto

Just to make sure, is there no problem when doing it (still under root) in X? if that so, then I guess you've permission problem with your user account. For the shortcut and easy testing of it, I usually wipe out every configuration file in my user's home directory (so everything back to default) and test it again. If the problem still exist, then I have to dig some more, if not, probelm solved. You might want to look out in Desktop Environment sub-forum for better solution.

Eee PC 2G Surf (700)

Board footer