You are not logged in.

#26 2005-01-26 01:07:00

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Is Arch really the best choice?

phrakture wrote:

<snip>

You are, vicious, a troll.  You've done nothing but piss me off since that dark day you descended on the arch forums.  Your arguments are always open ended and childish.  I've decided I'm going to continue this post in a way you would be proud of:

<snip>

Eh I'm tired of this.... vicious, the problem is that you really don't know what you're doing.  I just searched through these forums, and looked at your old posts.... Arch is not for you... those who are here like it.  You're talking to deaf ears.... now go away....

What he's trying to say is.....

Shut up

Get Stuffed

Get Lost

If you're going to troll, you aren't welcome

Bye smile

#27 2005-01-26 01:12:02

Atriqus

Don't you just love it when people complain because it didn't cater specifically to them.

If you read the whole thing you realize that the absolute end of this topic was on vicious' second post when he said that pacman was difficult to use, or at least not simplistic.  I'm just trying to imagine one who had an arch install for some time having a hard time using it:

pacman -S something
owww!

pacman -Syu
Oh god that hurt!!!!

pacman -R something
...death...

=> Now known as jb

#28 2005-01-26 03:30:06

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

nice avatar change... tool

#29 2005-01-26 03:53:33

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

sarah31 wrote:

I get cranky from post like this that serve zero purpose.
Vicious may have good reason to make a post about the faults of Arch but he is doing it in completely the wrong way.

This the problem and naturally when majority here are users who have tried other distros before coming to Arch, they get annoyed.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=3608

So far I have not seen on this forum a larger number of users confronting someone with hard words because Arch is known to being a friendly community. But it's hospitality has a limit, I am glad for that..... it means Arch has an identity.  wink

I have locked this thread.

Markku

Board footer