You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-07 14:41:59

gonX

Wine/Jack issue - jack isn't showing up in winecfg!

Hey guys - I haven't been using wine for a while other than for Guitar Rig (which runs through wineasio and works fine) - but just recently I felt like playing some WoW just to find out that my sound had disappeared! I went to look in winecfg to meet that I've completely lost the option of JACK.

Now... I haven't played any games for a while, so it could be any problem - my kernel (I use the RC's), the new nVidia drivers, the new Wine (worked fine in 1.1.28) release - or just some other setting I've touched that I shouldn't have touched.

I tried running winecfg from CLI and got this output after entering the audio tab (jackd is running and outputting sound perfectly):

ALSA lib pcm.c:2171:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_jack.so
ALSA lib pcm.c:2171:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_jack.so
Usage:program_name [address][:port]ALSA lib pcm.c:2171:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_jack.so

But...

[root@Monsterpoul ~]# ls -l /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_j*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17028 2009-05-11 11:56 /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_jack.so

The file exists? I've also tried removing alsa-plugins (where the file got removed as intended), then reinstalling, just to meet the same issue.

since 2009

#2 2009-09-07 23:04:53

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Wine/Jack issue - jack isn't showing up in winecfg!

Works fine for me. Try moving your .wine away and creating a new one?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-09-08 06:12:02

gonX

I'm not doubting that it works for you, but I'll try that!

since 2009

#4 2009-09-08 11:53:07

gonX

Still doing it:

[root@Monsterpoul linux-2.6]# mv ~/.wine ~/.notwine
[root@Monsterpoul linux-2.6]# winecfg
wine: created the configuration directory '/root/.wine'
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.
Usage:program_name [address][:port][root@Monsterpoul linux-2.6]#

since 2009

#5 2009-09-08 23:10:49

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Everything fully updated?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#6 2009-09-09 05:58:29

gonX

Of course - I do daily -Syu --aur's with yaourt.

It should however be mentioned I am using the testing repo - I doubt it's much of a difference, but I still wanted to throw this out. It does however work fine on my netbook, which also has the testing repo enabled, although it's i686 instead of x86_64.

since 2009

#7 2009-09-09 07:19:11

sand_man

Why are you doing it as root?!

neutral

#8 2009-09-09 08:27:38

gonX

Because I'm a lazy dumbass that doesn't want to bother with sudo and other things, okay? It works fine on my laptop, where I run as root too, so it's not that.

since 2009

#9 2009-09-30 11:23:39

kokoko3k

Same issue here.
The problem is that /usr/lib/wine/winejack.drv.so doesn't seems to work in archlinux package.
I copied that file from another precompiled wine package (same version), and now jack works again.

Last edited by kokoko3k (2009-09-30 11:30:29)

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#10 2009-09-30 15:21:42

gonX

Funny that you should mention it, because it seemed to work fine after manually installing wine-hacks (both from the AUR and manually). Unfortunately the JACK driver is a piece of dung and should be avoided, so I stuck with ALSA.

since 2009

#11 2009-09-30 15:49:42

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

If you have to use jack, probably OSS via oss2jack would be better than alsa->jack. I've read that wine's OSS implementation is streets above its alsa implementation.

Board footer