You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-01 01:02:32

MP2E

How would I go about compiling my own multilib GCC?

Hello, as the topic says, how would I compile my own multilib GCC? I realize there is one on the AUR, but it is version 4.4.0, which has issues with compiling FFMpeg and MPlayer(both of which I compile daily), and the fact that the pkgbuild has to be manually updated in a few areas to work in the first place. I'm thinking about updating the PKGBUILD myself, actually(well creating a parallel build in any case, because the author hasn't actually orphaned it, but he seems to have disappeared).

I've found a few documents on the subject but they are distro specific, or use scripts. I don't want to be a script kiddie, I want to know what the "base" configure parameters are for setting one up. I can figure out the rest.
Slackware scripts link here.

-What ./configure parameters create a multi-lib system? What specifies the multilib compile to be 32-bit and 64-bit?(I read that sometimes people use multi-lib for other features so I want to make sure it's 32-bit and 64-bit, not something else)

-How would I make this build compatible with the /opt/lib32 system that Arch users like to use?

-Do I only need to compile binutils, glibc, and gcc? And lastly, does this replace the "regular" gcc on the system?(aka if I created a PKGBUILD for this, would gcc still be named gcc or would it be renamed gcc-multilib and have it's own directories for libs)

Last edited by MP2E (2009-10-01 01:03:40)

17:23 < ConSiGno> yeah baby I release the source code with your mom every night
17:24 < ConSiGno> you could call them nightly builds if you know what I mean

#2 2009-10-01 01:31:45

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: How would I go about compiling my own multilib GCC?

Board footer