You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-26 14:03:41

killerfish

How to make a custom Nvidia package for my custom kernel?

I needed to create a custom kernel for my motherboard in order to have support for my integrated LAN and AGP bus...  My chipset is ULi's M1689.  Apparently, it will be native to maybe the 2.6.11 kernel, but definitely to the 2.6.12 kernel.

In the meantime, I created a custom 2.6.10 kernel with the required patches as described in the wiki.  It works! Thanks!

Now, I want to also create a custom Nvidia package that compiled for this kernel, so if I every re-install etc.  I just need to have these 2 packages handy to be up and running quickly. 

Has this been done?  Is there a how-to?

Thanks!
KF

#2 2005-01-26 16:49:03

lucke

Re: How to make a custom Nvidia package for my custom kernel?

Doesn't the genuine arch package work? Just run pacman -S nvidia in runlevel 3 and it should work. You just have to have sources of your kernel. Well, at least this works with my non-stock nitro kernel. Here's some more reference. I guess it gets a bit more tricky with multiple kernels, but it's not your case, is it [didn't get it clearly enough]?

Cheers,

lucke

#3 2005-01-26 17:31:57

killerfish

Don't know! smile  Haven't tried.  I'm at work and I know my custom kernel works.  I was going to try the nvidia stuff when I get home.  I guess first shot will be to try pacman -S nvidia..  I didn't realize it compiles it vs. they're pre-compiled....

Thanks!
KF

#4 2005-01-26 18:17:33

sarah31
Website

You should not have to create a custom nvidia package. The arch package is just a wrapper over the regular nvidia installer.  I never got the Arch nvidia package to work even when nvidia drivers and kernel supported my card properly.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer