You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-01 12:40:27

pjmattal
Forum Fellow

Bug Squashing Day: This Sat 10/3 1pm EDT

All,

Andrea and I are organizing a bug squashing day this Saturday 10/3, starting at 1pm EDT and going until we run out of steam (or bugs). Join us if you can! We'll be around in the main IRC forum.

If you can't make this one, there'll always be another. We're hoping to get onto a monthly schedule.

Squashing bugs is one of the highest-impact and lowest-commitment ways you can help improve Arch. Software that works builds momentum. Everyone can contribute-- finding the issue, talking through the possible solutions, and creating the patch are all critical parts of the process.

We hope to see you all on Saturday!

Paul and Andrea

#2 2009-10-01 13:17:40

arkham
Website

Re: Bug Squashing Day: This Sat 10/3 1pm EDT

So it will be Satuday at 7PM in central Europe?

"I'm Winston Wolfe. I solve problems."

~ Need moar games? [arch-games] ~ [aurcheck] AUR haz updates? ~

#3 2009-10-01 19:19:35

ataraxia

I started putting things into the "Bug Day TODO" wiki page: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bug_Day_TODO

#4 2009-10-02 02:53:11

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

2 notes:

- Bug squashing will happen in #archlinux-bugs instead of the main IRC channel. This way we won't have the usual IRC noise.

- Don't pay much attention to the starting time. Previous Bug Squashing Days didn't had set time.  As everyone is in different timezone and have different schedules, it 's more like a Bug Squashing Week-End with Saturday being the main day.  So it'll probably start sometime Friday night and end early Sunday. Most devs are in the Americas or Europe so most activity will happen when it'll be daytime/evening in these regions.

Board footer