You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-03 01:36:27

imrehg
Website

Every boot: Superblock last access time in future. HARDWARECLOCK bug?

Hi,

Recently (about the last month or so?) every time I boot my Arch, the boot process stops with "superblock last access time in future (time1), now it is  (time2)", and a check is forced. The check never finds or corrects any error, but when I reboot it starts normally. This happens at every boot, but only some of the reboots.

The weirdest thing is what is the value of time1: I'm at GMT+8, and time2 always shows the current local time, while time1 is a bit less then 8 hours in the future.... It looks like at some point of the boot the timezones are applied in a weird way.  In rc.conf I have HARDWARECLOCK="localtime" because the windows dual-boot needs that, unfortunately. So maybe the hardware clock is first treated as "UTC" and the time zone is added, then a few seconds later it is treated as "localtime" correctly...

Is there a way to diagnose this? Check what exactly happens during the boot? Or someone has a solution?
  Cheers,
    Greg

#2 2009-10-03 02:49:31

thisoldman

Re: Every boot: Superblock last access time in future. HARDWARECLOCK bug?

Perhaps your problem is this bug, http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16368?  This forum discussion on the same topic, http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=80564, may also interest you.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a solution or workaround posted for the problem described in those two links. 

Perhaps your difficulty is different than the one described in those two links?

#3 2009-10-03 03:35:51

guzz46

I had a similar problem only on rare occasions though, you could try setting the last mount time with

tune2fs -T now /dev/sda1

or what ever your hard drive partitions numbers happen to be.

Not sure if this was necessary but i also commented out the sections saving system clock in /etc/rc.shutdown

I am running on localtime and have openntpd adjusting the system clock as it seems to fall behind time if i don't, and have not had any problems since

#4 2009-10-03 14:35:47

manolos

fsch will solve your problem

Board footer