You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-03 14:06:20

pogeymanz

I can't get this stupid rt patch to compile!

The same errors happen when I try to patch the Arch kernel and when I use the aur package "kernel26rt"

This is the error:

drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/quatech_daqp_cs.c: In function 'daqp_interrupt':
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/quatech_daqp_cs.c:308: error: implicit declaration of function 'up'
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/quatech_daqp_cs.c: In function 'daqp_ai_insn_read':
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/quatech_daqp_cs.c:421: error: implicit declaration of function 'sema_init'
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/quatech_daqp_cs.c:434: error: implicit declaration of function 'down_interruptible'
make[4]: *** [drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/quatech_daqp_cs.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [drivers/staging/comedi/drivers] Error 2
make[2]: *** [drivers/staging/comedi] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/staging] Error 2

I've tried several ways to just not include those drivers.
If you say no to the whole staging drivers group, it still happens.
If you say yes to the staging drivers group and yes to "exclude all staging drivers", it still happens.
If you say yes to the staging drivers group, no to "exclude all staging drivers" and no to each driver individually, it still happens!

Why does the kernel want to build these stupid files if they aren't going to be used?

This is kernel 2.6.31, by the way.

Last edited by pogeymanz (2009-10-03 15:06:00)

#2 2009-10-03 14:30:55

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: I can't get this stupid rt patch to compile!

The rt patch doesn't play nice with staging. I've compiled rt half a dozen times with staging off and never had problems.

Try kernel26-ice, but with the PKGBUILD I've posted here. That's my config there.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-10-03 18:42:52

pogeymanz

Thanks for the suggestion, but first I'd like to try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe I am not turning the drivers off the right way?
Here is part of my config file:

#
# TI VLYNQ
#
# CONFIG_STAGING is not set
# CONFIG_X86_PLATFORM_DEVICES is not set

That is the only place staging appears in the file. Perhaps I should make it: CONFIG_STAGIN=n instead of commented out?

Last edited by pogeymanz (2009-10-03 18:43:08)

#4 2009-10-04 05:56:57

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Are you seriously compiling your kernel by manually editing the config file? Please use menuconfig at least.

And yes, you have to set it to CONFIG_STAGING=n

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer