You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-04 14:55:26

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

[solved] TuxOnIce: Can't translate "/dev/sda8" into a device id yet.

Hi all, here's the full dmesg.

This error (as shown in subject) is in line 525, but it seems sda1-9 are only mounted properly in lines 597-602. My mkinitcpio has resume just before filesystems, as shown in the wiki, and the 'lzo' module is the first in MODULES. This is a custom-compiled kernel (stripped down config, with tuxonice patch) with all the needed modules built-in for my hard disc (I think). My resume device is specified by appending resume=swap:/dev/sda8 to my kernel boot line in grub.

Anyone has any idea what's the next things I should do? Quit odd that I can't seem to resume at all.

Last edited by ngoonee (2009-10-04 15:56:37)

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2009-10-04 15:13:32

lucke

Re: [solved] TuxOnIce: Can't translate "/dev/sda8" into a device id yet.

You need mkinitcpio 0.5.24 to resume with tuxonice - unless you're hitting a different issue.

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15240

#3 2009-10-04 15:56:12

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved] TuxOnIce: Can't translate "/dev/sda8" into a device id yet.

Thank you. Am surprised this has not been fixed. Downgrading fixes, though the simple change in the wiki doesn't. I thought this was no longer an issue since the wiki mentions 5.25 as the troublesome version and we've since gone on to 5.26. Will edit wiki appropriately.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer