You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-07 01:37:26

Alcap

Thinkpad T500 and suspend

Hey there,
I'm running archlinux on a thinkpad T500, but I can't get the damn thing to resume. The machine suspends just fine, but when I tell it to wake up, I start to hear the CD drive spinning, the fans come to life, but the screen doesn't lit and the half-moon is still on (not blinking). I can't even use the sysRq magic keys(yes, I've enabled them...). I've tried lots of quirks, such as --quirk-vbestate-restore --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode among others I can't remember. Anyone has any ideas on how to fix this? I really need suspend to work and I'd prefer to run arch on my laptop.
Oh, btw, it's an T500 with discrete+integrated. I'm using the integrated card (I've set it up to integrated on the bios), with the xf86-video-intel 2.8.1-1 driver. Also, I've enabled the security chip and disabled Intel's TXT or something like that (there's someone on the gentoo wiki with a problem just like mine saying that it worked for him(tm)).
Thanks wink

Last edited by Alcap (2009-09-07 01:37:53)

#2 2009-09-07 07:45:50

zowki
Website

Re: Thinkpad T500 and suspend

How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL

#3 2009-09-21 18:21:06

interskh

i got the same problem.. i tried pm-utils and s2ram with several different parameters but still no luck..

it worked pretty good before i reinstalled arch to i686... kk, looking for any thoughts

btw, i am using T400 with integrated graphic card

o.O

#4 2009-09-22 22:09:38

Alcap

interskh wrote:

i got the same problem.. i tried pm-utils and s2ram with several different parameters but still no luck..

it worked pretty good before i reinstalled arch to i686... kk, looking for any thoughts

I still haven't managed to get this thing working... The really sad thing is that it works on every other distro I've tried, I've even tried to copy hal's config from ubuntu to arch and it still refuses to wake up.
Does your laptop wake up (is the moon light off)? Mine does, but the screen is black (not emitting any light at all) and my DVD drive makes really weird noises
zowki's solution didn't work for me, because the problem discribed there was not like mine...

#5 2009-09-28 16:03:45

interskh

Alcap wrote:
interskh wrote:

I still haven't managed to get this thing working... The really sad thing is that it works on every other distro I've tried, I've even tried to copy hal's config from ubuntu to arch and it still refuses to wake up.
Does your laptop wake up (is the moon light off)? Mine does, but the screen is black (not emitting any light at all) and my DVD drive makes really weird noises
zowki's solution didn't work for me, because the problem discribed there was not like mine...

me neither..

the moon light off, it looks like the machine starts waking up but fails.. it just stays blank until i press the power button again then it goes back to "sleep" again..  cd drives spins just as urs... system log has nothing...

weird at all.

o.O

#6 2009-10-04 13:27:11

Alcap

interskh wrote:
Alcap wrote:
interskh wrote:

me neither..

the moon light off, it looks like the machine starts waking up but fails.. it just stays blank until i press the power button again then it goes back to "sleep" again..  cd drives spins just as urs... system log has nothing...

weird at all.

The perfect distro would be a mix of ubuntu and arch. The out of the box stuff of ubuntu and the rest would be arch:D

#7 2009-10-04 22:29:48

takedown

the out of the box stuff is incompatible with the Arch Way

Board footer