You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-09 19:32:23

Jamie

AUR Account

Hey all.  Just a quick question.  Are AUR accounts linked to the account you set up for the Arch Linux Forum?  I went to AUR and tried to start a account but it wouldn't let me have the name "Jamie".  Probably because someone already took that name (duh LOL) but I wanted to make sure before I had to pick something else.  I did a seach and can't find anything in AUR by "Jamie".
Thanks for any replies.

Thanks,
Jamie

archlinux x86_64

#2 2009-10-09 19:48:44

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Re: AUR Account

AUR accounts are independent of forum accounts (and wiki accounts, bug tracker accounts, etc).

I tried to check when the AUR Jamie account was created but couldn't find a registration date. As the account has neither submitted any packages or voted on anything, I'm in favor of letting you have it to match your forum account. I don't know if I'm allowed to do that though, so I recommend that you post a message to aur-general to see what they say there. You can pose the argument that consistent names make it easier to know who's who and that this is important for things like the AUR which depend on trust to a degree.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#3 2009-10-09 20:12:08

Jamie

Re: AUR Account

Xyne wrote:

AUR accounts are independent of forum accounts (and wiki accounts, bug tracker accounts, etc).

I tried to check when the AUR Jamie account was created but couldn't find a registration date. As the account has neither submitted any packages or voted on anything, I'm in favor of letting you have it to match your forum account. I don't know if I'm allowed to do that though, so I recommend that you post a message to aur-general to see what they say there. You can pose the argument that consistent names make it easier to know who's who and that this is important for things like the AUR which depend on trust to a degree.

Thanks Xyne, will do wink.

Thanks,
Jamie

archlinux x86_64

Board footer