You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-08 21:57:49

mdshann

[Solved] Sonata will not connect to MPD unless I am online?

I configured MPD according to the wiki to be able to listen to music on my Laptop. I have it set up just to play on the local machine. I am using Sonata as a front end. Sonata will not connect unless I am online. I want to be able to listen to music while offline as well. Is there something I need to have in my config file in order to make this happen? My mpd.conf contais the following:

music_directory        "~/Music"
playlist_directory "/var/lib/mpd/playlists"
db_file "/var/lib/mpd/mpd.db"
log_file "/var/log/mpd/mpd.log"
pid_file "/var/run/mpd/mpd.pid"
state_file "/var/lib/mpd/mpdstate"
user "mpd"
input {
        plugin "curl"
#       proxy "proxy.isp.com:8080"
#       proxy_user "user"
#       proxy_password "password"
}

Last edited by mdshann (2009-10-10 03:25:20)

#2 2009-10-09 04:33:24

mdshann

Re: [Solved] Sonata will not connect to MPD unless I am online?

So let me explain what I did to draw me to the conclusion that Sonata/MPD were not working due to the internet connection. I started Sonata and it said not connected. I checked to see if MPD was running and it was. I then restarted MPD and closed and reopened Sonata. No connection. Then I connected to the wireless network to get online and search for an answer and I looked back at Sonata and it had connected. This made me think that the issue was that I didn't have an active connection and maybe do not have listening or my loopback interface configured correctly for Sonata and MPD.

#3 2009-10-09 07:54:31

Rasi
Website

your mpd.conf is missing a binding to ip/host

bind_to_address         "127.0.0.1" for loopback

or

bind_to_address         "any" should also always work

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#4 2009-10-09 10:35:07

benmorgan

I think your input { } section might be unnecessary. (At any rate, I haven't ever needed it in mine for normal MPD usage). But try what Rasi said first.

#5 2009-10-09 20:24:59

mdshann

big_smile Thank you Rasi, I added bind_to_address "any" and it fixed the issue. I am having a wireless issue as well but I will start a new thread for that. big_smile

#6 2009-10-09 22:42:34

Rasi
Website

mdshann wrote:

big_smile Thank you Rasi, I added bind_to_address "any" and it fixed the issue. I am having a wireless issue as well but I will start a new thread for that. big_smile

please mark this thread as solved smile

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

Board footer