You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-09 14:06:08

ezzetabi

(SOLVED) where does the xorg server gets the Composite file from?

I'd like to see the list of composite combinations. Seeking on the Internet I understand that the file should be:

/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose

Where en_US.UTF-8 is my locale, but according to that file:
<Multi_key> <underscore> <o>         : "ō"   U014D # LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH MACRON

I should obtain the small letter o with the macro using multi_key underscore and o. Instead I obtain this: º.
Same problem with the
<Multi_key> <c> <o>                  : "ǒ"   U01D2 # LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH CARON
If I press the keys I obtain: ©, the copyright sign...

So... Where does the arch xorg got its Compose file? Change I change its behavior?

Thanks.

Last edited by ezzetabi (2009-10-10 15:25:02)

#2 2009-10-09 23:29:49

damjan

Re: (SOLVED) where does the xorg server gets the Composite file from?

Technically it's not the X server that does this but the Xlib library (i.e. it's done client side in the X11 apps).

Now, you didn't say what application you tried this in? I just tried your combinations in urxvt  and dolphin and they work as expected.

BUT, AFAIK GTK applications want to override the standard X input model, and as I try it in Firefox I get the behaviour you have.

Maybe try to set the GTK_IM_MODULE=xim variable before starting your GTK apps.

#3 2009-10-10 15:24:35

ezzetabi

Re: (SOLVED) where does the xorg server gets the Composite file from?

I ignored that is was an application side issue, thanks for explanation. And indeed I was using lxterminal: the terminal emulator of lxde that is based on GTK. Using the xim input system everywhere solved the problem.

People! Listen! Put this two lines in your .xinitrc :

. /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
export QT_IM_MODULE=xim

exec whatever you use

Thanks! Cheers!

Last edited by ezzetabi (2009-10-10 15:25:25)

Board footer