You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-10 18:26:20

jimleko

Flash randomly starts not giving me audio.

Flash was working for me WONDERFULLY two days ago, and then yesterday it just stops giving me audio, and I don't know why.  I've tried different browsers, reinstalling the flash plugin.  I also tried GNASH but firefox didn't even recognize that.

Any help?  I'll provide any info that is required.

#2 2009-10-10 18:30:06

loafer

Re: Flash randomly starts not giving me audio.

Did you update anything in the last 2 days?  Is there a pattern to the sound not working (e.g. after resume from suspend) or is it constant?

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

#3 2009-10-10 18:42:30

jimleko

I updated today.  And the sound on flash doesn't work no matter what I do.

#4 2009-10-10 18:50:02

TomB17

I used to experience that frequently.  Flash would work for a day, or so, after a reboot and then would not work until the next reboot.

I did manage to find a web site that explained how to fix the audio without rebooting but I've since lost it.

Anyway, after doing an update a few days ago, my system has been working perfectly.

Anyone on KDE should take the current updates and anyone with ATI video will benefit, as well.  I've been updating frequently (weekly, or so) for the past month hoping for some minor bug fixes.  Now all of my little glitches are fixed, including the flash audio problem.

#5 2009-10-10 19:18:00

jimleko

TomB17 wrote:

I used to experience that frequently.  Flash would work for a day, or so, after a reboot and then would not work until the next reboot.

I did manage to find a web site that explained how to fix the audio without rebooting but I've since lost it.

Anyway, after doing an update a few days ago, my system has been working perfectly.

Anyone on KDE should take the current updates and anyone with ATI video will benefit, as well.  I've been updating frequently (weekly, or so) for the past month hoping for some minor bug fixes.  Now all of my little glitches are fixed, including the flash audio problem.

Unfortunately everything in my system is up to date and I still have a problem sad

#6 2009-10-11 02:01:39

jimleko

Bump.  Anyone know how to fix?

Board footer