You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-13 20:33:08

edma2

will not suspend/hibernate with sd card

i posted earlier about my computer not suspending/hibernating, but now i've entirely narrowed it down to the sd card being in it while going to sleep

after updating to kernel 2.6.31, my dell xps m1330 does not suspend or hibernate properly.
i've tried using pm-suspend and acpid, neither work. the computer appears to be suspending normally (screen goes black etc), but the monitor and fans do not turn off and the power LED remains on. all i see is a black screen with the ticking thing on the top left

i've also tried adding myself to the "power" group.

using uswsusp doesn't work either... same problem...

so i have to hard power off the computer by holding the power button, and when it restarts it does not resume as if it was suspended.

if the sd card is in there, mounted or not, the computer will hang at a black screen with a blinking cursor when i try to suspend to ram or disk.
however, if it physically isn't in the slot, the computer sleeps normally...

the dirty fix im using now is blacklisting the sdhci_pci module (in rc.conf) that is recognized by the sd card, so it won't detect the sd-card's presence. (i suppose i'm not using it all the time so i could modprobe it when needed)

does anyone else experience this? i think it may be a kernel issue since this behavior started happening after i updated to 2.6.31 (and stupidly did not back up the old kernel)
i'm using a dell xps m1330

#2 2009-10-13 22:44:52

MadTux

Re: will not suspend/hibernate with sd card

This is usually an issue with a particular driver or module, which is not capable of suspending. ATI graphics drivers had the same problem a couple of months ago. They were not capable of suspending. On some systems, the screen went black, but my screen was filled with colorful bars.

Board footer