You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-13 02:09:38

Intrepid

[SOLVED. Sorry] How to get MythTV or Freevo to recognize channels?

This was originally a post about getting the card itself to work for DVB.  I can ONLY use DVB.  I have since generated a channels.conf and can play TV from Mplayer.  However, I wanted to use Freevo or Mythtv, but both require (so it seems) using XMLTV rather than just scanning my ATSC over-the-air signal.  Is there any way I can get around without having to get a Schedules Direct account? (I live in north america and I don't even CARE about the listings, just the ability to select channels).

Freevo detects the card, but it cannot play any channels because there is no XMLTV.  I have already generated a TV listings in local_conf.py by hand.  I cannot get the automatic method to work like this

freevo tv_grab
freevo tv_grab --query

The last line gives me this error

TV_CHANNELS = [
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/helpers/tv_grab.py", line 108, in <module>
    print '    ( \'%s\', \'%s\', \'%s\' ) ] ' % chanlist[-1]
IndexError: list index out of range

Mythtv blanks out the "scan for channels" button, thus I cannot generate a list OR import my channels.conf.  Why is mythtv misbehaving like this?  Also, my IR receiver doesn't work.  If there is a simple way to get a working remote, I'd love to know about it.  Even using a wiimote with bluetooth is fine!

Just to clarify, I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1250 with working DVB.
Thank you.

Last edited by Intrepid (2009-10-14 00:52:12)

Intrepid (adj.): Resolutely courageous; fearless.

#2 2009-10-14 00:50:53

Intrepid

Re: [SOLVED. Sorry] How to get MythTV or Freevo to recognize channels?

Update: it works.  I was foolishly not choosing an input device for the channel selection.  However, for whatever reason mythtv discovers fewer channels than using the scan software to generate channels.conf.  Only thing, now I want listings.  I'm wondering how I can get them without getting a directschedules account.

Last edited by Intrepid (2009-10-14 00:51:37)

Intrepid (adj.): Resolutely courageous; fearless.

Board footer