You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-13 21:43:41

Tebroc
Website

[RESOLVED] MySQL Upgrade Issue

I recently upgraded MySQL to 5.1.39 via pacman. After having a few issues with permission, I was able to get the service running (as user 'mysql'). The permissions in /var/lib/mysql and the database sub-directories are all set to read and write for both the user and group and have been recursively chown'd to mysql|mysql. Now I'm able to log in to mysql as the root user and 'show' and 'select' my databases, and list their respective tables, but other than the mysql database, I am not able to 'describe' the tables or 'select' from them. I'm then greeted with the following:

mysql> describe 'table_name';
ERROR 1017 (HY000): Can't find file: './dbfolder/table_name.frm' (errno: 13)

This happens for all the tables, not just a few. These file do exist in in the appropriate folder as well. From my research, I've read mention of this having to do with the possibility that my tables aren't InnoDB. Anyways, any help would be much appreciated to get my databases back up. smile

Last edited by Tebroc (2009-10-15 12:35:34)

#2 2009-10-13 21:52:21

ralvez
Website

Re: [RESOLVED] MySQL Upgrade Issue

If I was in your position I would, since you can log in with admin privileges, do a back up of all the databases.
Then I would remove mysql and re-install it.

R.

#3 2009-10-15 12:34:42

Tebroc
Website

Re: [RESOLVED] MySQL Upgrade Issue

It seems that it was still a permissions issue. I did a chmod 755 recursively on the data directories and now I don't receive any errors. I'm a bit confused on why my prior permissions were incorrect as I'm pretty sure they were unchanged from what they were before I upgraded MySQL. I don't see the need for executable permissions. If anyone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it, otherwise: resolved.

Board footer