You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-20 05:26:44

william.lagos
Website

Zhockon Gaming Platform Launched

I come here to announce the beginning of my game project, named Zhockon. Already available in Alpha (https://sourceforge.net/projects/zhockon/), it makes use of free libraries such as OpenGL, OpenAL and SDL, which makes it a suitable platform for developing games. There is much still to be done, as the improvement of the main engines of the system using these three technologies, Euphoria (written in Python) and Entropia (written in C/C++ - https://sourceforge.net/projects/eepp/), and the development of the portability of the platform, so it can run across a flashdrive or similar media without the problems with dependencies. All these goals must be achieved by the end of the series 0.1.x. I come here to spread the project because I am looking for help to it grow and be a good alternative to the proprietary DirectX and run in many different operating systems. Finally, look for anyone interested in helping to develop (Python e C/C++), designing (art with Inkscape and so on), translate (especially English) or even spread. Who wants, could answer this topic, i would be very grateful for your help in this work. To get more information, go to the Zhockon web page: http://opensourcecia.wordpress.com/zhockon/. A version is available in AUR.

#2 2009-10-20 10:16:56

ammon

Re: Zhockon Gaming Platform Launched

Sounds great! We (OpenSource community) need something like this. So far I can help by translating. Where to sing up?

#3 2009-10-20 15:05:19

Gen2ly
Website

Hmm, I like the thought.  As far as I know this hasn't been tried before.  As to me who's pretty new to this: Isn't sdl already cross-platform, how would this make things easier?

BTW, like the name.

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#4 2009-10-20 15:07:11

william.lagos
Website

You must register at SourceForge.net and pass me your username so I can add you as a member of the project. So you will be able to contribute with translations. Thanks for your help. It can be very useful.

#5 2009-10-20 15:17:10

william.lagos
Website

The game development will be easier and more powerful because of the use of technologies such as OpenGL and OpenAL integrated with the game engines Entropia and Euphoria. In short, the game will have less code and much more efficiency and power. A small example of this is within the Euphoria in the current version (0.1.0) as game.py. You'll see that there is very little code in it and has much more practical development. Remember that the engines are being prepared to meet the most varied categories of games.
Thanks for the compliment to the creation of the name. I also think it's beautiful. big_smile

Board footer