You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-20 21:17:00

alphazo

What are LyX post-install tips?

Hello,

This is my first post on the archlinux forum. Yesterday I trashed my Ubuntu 9.04 (that I installed since it has been released) on my work PC after hesitating (and evaluating) between a couple of candidates including Mint, Slackware and Zenwalk. So far so good, I can do everthing I've be doing in Ubuntu but with speed and more importantly control.

Anyway I use LyX for a lot of things and was wondering what packages I should install on arch to get a nice out of the box experience. On Ubuntu I never used the LaTex distribution found in the repository but rather the TexLive network install with the tlmgr and a dummy package to avoid dependencies issues when installing LyX or other Latex based applications.

I see in the Wiki that TeXLive 2009 is available from the repo as well as a pretty unique local package manager for fetching packages from CTAN and installing them via pacman.. That is pretty sweet!

So I installed LyX texlive-bin, texlive-core and LyX. When I start LyX and reconfigure it I see that in the available layouts, many of them are not available (e.g. moderncv).

Do I have to use tllocalmgr to install each missing class or is there any macro package that will include them (texlive-bibtexextra, texlive-fontsextra,  texlive-formatsextra ....) ?

Thanks
Alphazo

#2 2009-10-20 21:50:23

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Re: What are LyX post-install tips?

The package texlive-latexextra perhaps.

Edit: Oops I misread your post. The list of TeXLive packages on the wiki are available through pacman directly. I haven't used tllocalmgr but you can if you want.

Last edited by fsckd (2009-10-20 22:04:18)

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

Board footer