You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-20 14:30:43

Jamie

[SOLVED] Rosegarden won't start

I had to reinstall Arch a few days ago as I did some bad things to my system (I don't know what tongue).  Anyway, I had a lot of "DAW" applications installed and all working perfectly.  I'm having a problem now with Rosegarden.  I installed it with "pacman -S rosegarden" and it installed fine just like the time before.
My problems this time however are:
1) It didn't install Rosegarden in the "Applications->Sound & Video" menu like it did the time before.  This isn't the biggest issue as I know where those are stored and how they work in GNOME and can make one if I have to.
2) It won't launch from the console.  I didn't try that on the last install as I just used the menu icon to launch.  I've found Rosegarden in "/opt/kde/bin" and can launch the program with "/opt/kde/bin/rosegarden".

When I launch it that way I get the error:

Couldn't start the sequencer

Any ideas what could be different this installation?

Last edited by Jamie (2009-10-20 17:13:08)

Thanks,
Jamie

archlinux x86_64

#2 2009-10-20 17:20:17

Jamie

Re: [SOLVED] Rosegarden won't start

Er, I guess a simple reboot was all that was need.  I didn't do anything except reboot for something else and I looked and the Rosegarden icon was there and it loads and runs normally.  Duh, go figure wink.

Thanks,
Jamie

archlinux x86_64

#3 2009-10-20 22:44:16

Citeron

Re: [SOLVED] Rosegarden won't start

Thanks, you just fixed my problem. I was about to uninstall Rosegarden and install the one in the AUR.

Board footer