You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-22 20:11:11

pokraka

Zsnes problems (sound and segmentation faults)

Hi!

It's my first message so I say hello to the Arch Linux user community.
I'm not new on Arch, I used it with KDEmod for a long time, then I went to Debian with Openbox, and now I'm back on Arch (still with Openbox), because I think this distribution fits my needs more than Debian does.

I have two little problems with Zsnes:

- There are often segmentation faults when I want to launch zsnes:

~$ zsnes
ZSNES v1.51, (c) 1997-2007, ZSNES Team
Be sure to check http://www.zsnes.com/ for the latest version.

ZSNES is written by the ZSNES Team (See AUTHORS.TXT)
ZSNES comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions;
please read 'LICENSE.TXT' thoroughly before doing so.

Use ZSNES -? for command line definitions.

Starting Mouse detection.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event7. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event6. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event5. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event3. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event2. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event1. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
ManyMouse: 2 mice detected.
Using ManyMouse for:
Mouse 0: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse
Mouse 1: Macintosh mouse button emulation

Audio Opened.
Driver: Simple DirectMedia Layer output
Channels: 2
Rate: 32000

[b]Erreur de segmentation[/b]

The error seems to appear at random, sometimes it's ok, sometimes I get this error. Since I'm on Arch64, I'm using the bin32-zsnes package from AUR (installed using yaourt).
It's not a big problem since usually I just have to try one or two more times to launch zsnes ; if I can't find a solution I'll just make a script which launch zsnes until it works.

- The sound volume I set with alsa isn't respected in zsnes: sound volume is always at maximum in zsnes and I have to use the zsnes GUI to control it. I would like the sound to follow what I configure in alsa (e.g. mute sound set using the "volwheel" trayicon applet means mute sound for zsnes as well). I guess it's because SDL sound doesn't use the alsa driver or something like this but I'm not sure and I don't know how to fix it.

Of course these are very small and ridiculous problems but I like to have my computer act exactly as I want it, so any help is appreciated.

Also, one more unrelated ridiculous problem, sorry for being a little bit maniac with my computer:
The deluge (bittorrent client) GTK interface doesn't want to remember my settings: after a reboot, all columns are always shown (but I don't need all them), and the window always appear at the top left corner of the screen with some predefined size. I guess it's just a problem with the way deluge is coded, but if possible I would like it to act like I want.
(it's unrelated with zsnes but I don't want to open a new thread for a so silly "problem")

Thanks.

Last edited by pokraka (2009-10-22 20:34:53)

Board footer