You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-23 07:41:11

ssl6

eee pc kernel

i wasn't too sure where to post this. but i've been working on a webserver for the last week and building a website, nothing big. i was trying to think of something else i could add to it, and then i thought i might toss the zen kernel package i built for my other new toy, my EeePC 900A.

I just slapped it on my webserver quickly, but here's the link to it, the config file is there as well. the package is 3~mb, its built on kernel 2.6.32-rc3 since i couldn't get 2.6.31 to compile for some reason, and i forget why i didn't use 2.6.30.

but here's a few more of the main build settings are as follows, hopefully the config can answer any other questions
it has BFS as the primary scheduler.
no bluetooth
no webcam
src folder stripped
ath5k driver
KMS enabled
no initrd, so kernel line should have have root=/dev/sdX
EXT2 and FAT file system support only

just thought i'd throw it out there. its pretty specific to the 900A with no webcam or bluetooth i think. but its there for anyone who wants it. i'll get a pkgbuild in there tomorrow. and if anyone has any suggestions to tweak the config for my next package build, i'm open to suggestions either here, or my newly working contact page on my site.

i should also possibly note to give credit where it's due that i used x-demon's kernel26-zen package from AUR as a starting point. I also started off with toofishes config, mixed a little bit dieghen89 kernel26-901 kernel config in aur to help guide me along the way. i may have also referred to pappy's seeds for it too.

ps - if there's a better place to put this, a mod can feel free to do so

Last edited by ssl6 (2009-10-23 07:52:02)

this is a signature

Board footer