You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-01 08:18:17

cereal
Website

Ardour / Rosegarden / Muse: general newbie question...

Hello there,

I'm quite new to "computer music", and now there is something (probably quite simple) that just won't go in my head... and I couldn't find a satisfying answer on the net.

What can ardour do, that Rosegarden or Muse can't? I mean, Rosegarden and Muse, do more or less the same, don't they? You can sequence / play back MIDI and record / mix / play back / sequence audio. As far as I know, with ardour you could record audio. I read about a lot of people who use Rosegarden or Muse AND ardour, but what is the point in it?

Thank you in advance smile

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare." - (Kurtz, Apocalypse Now)

A few PKGBUILDs

#2 2005-02-01 09:45:06

Pajaro

Re: Ardour / Rosegarden / Muse: general newbie question...

Ardour has advanced audio recording and mixing features, is much more stable and is ready to work in realtime if your system is properly configured and has the proper hardware.

#3 2005-02-02 14:29:44

cbozic

Plus, most midi programs are not very useful if you want to have an acoustic guitar track in your mix.

#4 2005-02-03 08:53:45

cereal
Website

Plus, most midi programs are not very useful if you want to have an acoustic guitar track in your mix.

That's perfectly clear, it's just, that they (Rosegarden/Muse Webistes) say, that the programs also do have audio recording capabilities...

Anyway, thanks for the answers. So it seems to be a matter of quality and features...

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare." - (Kurtz, Apocalypse Now)

A few PKGBUILDs

Board footer