You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-01 19:22:55

Lugz

Sound Trouble

Hello everyone, I installed arch a long time ago trying to totally convert to nix but on my old computer games didnt seem to want to run too good thru cedega/wine so now I have a new box I am going to venture on over here again. I was surprised at how much i remembered and how quick installation was.
Anyone here that games on arch and has any links that might be helpful let me know.

Also I installed alsa and I cant seem to hear any sound, I did unmute the master inside the alsa-utils. Maybe I have to use OSS? I have a standard Realtek sound chipset on a new intel motherboard.

Any help is appreciated.

p.s. - I am using Slim and openbox. EDIT: Figured out how to change res. Still cant get sound to work.

Last edited by Lugz (2009-11-01 20:35:31)

#2 2009-11-02 03:26:23

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Sound Trouble

Beginner's guide... then provide some information for people to help you with.

"Sound does not work" doesn't really cut it, sorry.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-11-02 04:04:07

Lugz

Re: Sound Trouble

I figured it out sorry.

Board footer