You are not logged in.

#1 2003-08-21 17:37:06

whatah

is anyone interested in ti graphing calc link software?

i was able to connect my ti-83+ to my computer in archlinux on the serial port with a homemade black serial connector, is anyone interested in the packages i built for this and the kernel module? i wasn't sure where to put this, so it's in here.

#2 2003-08-21 17:40:07

dp
Website

Re: is anyone interested in ti graphing calc link software?

whatah wrote:

i was able to connect my ti-83+ to my computer in archlinux on the serial port with a homemade black serial connector, is anyone interested in the packages i built for this and the kernel module? i wasn't sure where to put this, so it's in here.

i have a Ti89 with a black serial TI-cable ... if it works also for that, sure, it would be great!!!

actually that was my weekend-project for the next weekend, but if the packages work that you made : thanx a lot

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#3 2003-08-21 17:48:50

Toth

whatah wrote:

That's cool, I'd like to try connecting my TI-83 to my laptop. Homemade black serial connector...could you give me a link to where you read about making one, or explain it to me? That could be a fun project rather than just buying one from TI.

edit: also, could you include package builds? specifically I'll have to compile the kernel module, since I use a custom compiled kernel.

#4 2003-08-21 17:59:29

dp
Website

Toth wrote:
whatah wrote:

That's cool, I'd like to try connecting my TI-83 to my laptop. Homemade black serial connector...could you give me a link to where you read about making one, or explain it to me? That could be a fun project rather than just buying one from TI.

edit: also, could you include package builds? specifically I'll have to compile the kernel module, since I use a custom compiled kernel.

SERIAL: http://www.ticalc.org/hardware/cables/serial.html works nice

PARALLEL: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~aw4/ti85.html i tried that one (some years ago) -- easier and worked

the kernel-modules are only needed if you want to use the link as normal user leaving the access-rights to the serial untouched, as i know ... but where do you get a patch?

#5 2003-08-21 18:08:34

whatah

i have a Ti89 with a black serial TI-cable ... if it works also for that, sure, it would be great!!!

yes, the program - tilp - works with all ti calculators, from ti-73 to ti-200, or so he claims smile

there are 3 libraries, ticables, tifiles and ticalcs. i think i will put them all up in incoming with tilp in one big tarball.

oh yeah, i have to run tilp as root or with sudo, if anyone wants to try figuring out why that is, go ahead.

PS: i compiled the 'tiser' module, i don't know if you guys wanna compile it yourselves or if i can even package it for you.

#6 2003-08-21 19:09:39

Toth

whatah wrote:

PS: i compiled the 'tiser' module, i don't know if you guys wanna compile it yourselves or if i can even package it for you.

It's fine to make it a package as long as it's compiled for the current kernel in Arch's repositories I would think. But definitely include a package build or the source or something so those of us with custom kernels can compile it.

And thanks, dp!

#7 2003-09-05 08:36:24

dp
Website

... trying to rebuild tilp, to add it to my local repositories (you, whatah, didnt write any url or description ... but i like description in my local packages, so i have to rebuild ...:-)  )

Making all in man
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/abs/local/tilp/src/tilp-6.67-beta3/man'
groff -Tascii -man tilp.1 > Manpage
gcc cleaner.c -o cleaner
./cleaner Manpage
Processing file <Manpage>:
Pass 1... Done.
Pass 2... Done.
dos2unix Manpage.txt
make[2]: dos2unix: Command not found
make[2]: *** [dist_win] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/abs/local/tilp/src/tilp-6.67-beta3/man'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/abs/local/tilp/src/tilp-6.67-beta3'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
==> Build Failed.  Aborting...

-> what is "dos2unix" and where do i get it? (where did you have it?)

thanx in advance for help

Board footer