You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-03 15:38:55

skoal
Website

XFCE themes? Where's my OS X?

A wise man once said, "I gotta have more cowbells..."

Well, "I gotta have more themes...".  I ran across an XFCE screenshot using an "OS X" theme, somewhere out there in the Internet wastelands.  I can't find that site anymore, and I've searched everywhere for additional XFCE themes.

Anyone know where I can find some?  That "OS X" theme had me drueling all over my keyboard like a little puppy and his squeaky toy.

By the way, sometimes XFCE crashes on me when I'm selecting different themes.  I lost my panel onetime, and at other times, just lost everything.  Maybe I installed some non-conformant themes from freshmeat, but it seems to randomly happen no matter which ones I select, including the default themes.

I gotta have more cowbells...

#2 2005-02-03 16:54:02

aias

Re: XFCE themes? Where's my OS X?

are you talking about the agua (I think it's called) theme?  that one looks very much like the osx theme and you can switch the buttons from right corner to left corner in XFCE.  if it is that one, then it should already be installed on your system (it is on mine).  if it's something else, can you post a screenshot of it so that I can see it too  big_smile

#3 2005-02-03 19:28:39

DJayC

agua is the window decorations, and should be installed by default.  The user interface that goes alon with it, I think it's called glossyp or something like that.  I'm not sure where that comes from.. must be one of the gtk themes you can install?

#4 2005-02-03 20:32:51

skoal
Website

It's not the aqua theme I'm talking about.  Maybe I don't know enough about OS X, but I saw some screenshot somewhere that looked pretty snazzy.  They said it was some sort of OS X theme, but it looked nothing like aqua.

I was just hoping someone had access to another resource outside of the Arch repo's for XFCE themes.  On freshmeat, they have specific WM/DE categories, but nothing much is there for XFCE.  I was wondering if I could use any Gnome theme for XFCE.  Aren't they both GTK theme compatible?

#5 2005-02-04 02:14:41

droog

I've used a theme called "almost g5ish"  on xfce4 that sounds like it might be what you're talking about.  I'm trying to remember where i got it, I think it was from freshmeat but not sure. I'ts a great theme and if you get carpal tunnel from wmi and go back to xfce4 you should try it

#6 2005-02-04 02:39:11

shadowhand
Website

Are you looking for something like this: Xfce4 Krystal Industry theme? The theme in that screenshot is available from my themes: www.wgilk.com/linux/gnome/themes/ . Be warned that you need to install gnome-themes-extras to get the Industrial engine for the theme to work.

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

#7 2005-02-04 05:07:39

skoal
Website

Well, I'm still looking for that one I saw awhile back.  However, I did find some more I like.  On freshmeat, there is one similiar to the one I was talking about, it's called "Aqua Steeled".  Also, I've seen in some XFCE screenshots that you can turn off the window decorations entirely.  I'd really like to do that and just use the keyboard shortcuts instead.

I did find this link however.  It has the "g5ish" theme plus a lot more than on freshmeat.

#8 2005-02-04 10:42:34

torindan2

Try to search for "Milk" theme

#9 2005-02-05 14:44:24

skoal
Website

I appreciate you guys trying to help me find that theme, but I think I've given up for now.  I did find a theme which I really like using at the moment.  It's "digital creme".  It's really well done.

That OSX theme I originally wanted exists somewhere out there on the internet.  It doesn't have any aqua like window border characteristics.  I'll find it one day when I can remember what I was googling for when I stumbled upon it.  In the meantime, this "digital creme" is really sweet.

Board footer