You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-05 07:10:32

dp
Website

what about subdirectories in incoming?

incoming/games
incoming/system
incoming/libs

[+]: would be much clearer to find out what is actually in incoming (for the maintainers) --- the incoming is about 350M big (well it's also my fault, because at least 50M is from me ... sorry)

[-]: searching if a package is already built is more difficult
-> what about a php-script from www.archlinux.org to grep for a name on the incoming ... to find out without connecting actually over ftp if a package already exists or not

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#2 2003-09-05 09:52:03

nifan

Re: what about subdirectories in incoming?

that would be nice, cos the first impression of someone who looks at that repository is: what da hell! dam confusion... smile thats just my opinion.
btw: sarah are still doing a doc about the way to build packages?

______
"Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil." - Plato

#3 2003-09-05 13:26:09

sarah31
Website

if anyone wants to remove the warez that will be placed in them everyday sure. that is why we did away with directories in ther ein the first place.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#4 2003-09-05 13:50:01

dp
Website

sarah31 wrote:

if anyone wants to remove the warez that will be placed in them everyday sure. that is why we did away with directories in ther ein the first place.

never heard that word, what are "warez"?

if you mean by that all other files than "tarball"-packages ... is there maybe a possibility to tell the server to allow only special mime-types?

#5 2003-09-05 14:39:16

Toth

"Warez" is a term that refers to pirated software. That is, software that has been hacked to not require a CD-key, activation code, etc. to run.

I'm not sure what subdirectories have to do with warez, but I don't think there's any real need for subdirectories anyway. If you see something new in /incoming, check the forum for what it is. If you can't find it quickly, search for it. If that doesn't do any good, download it, and look at the PKGBUILD, or do a pacman -Qpi on the package file.

#6 2003-09-05 15:50:13

dp
Website

thanx ... you are better than my dictionary :-)

sure, it's not a big problem using incoming, but it does not look nice

there was some years ago a "golden rule of archiving files" around, that said, that "if you have more than 50 files in one directory, you are doing something wrong" (of course this does not apply to /usr/bin wink )

Board footer