You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-08 18:47:14

pedepy

wine no "direct rendering"

I've tried everything there is. EVERYTHING. I just can't seem to get any direct rendered games to work under wine. when it does launch, it's about 5 frame per second.

i keep seeing in the appdb that the games im trying to play are supposed to work just fine, direct rendering and all that. obviously everything else in my system runs as it should. im using the open source drivers on kernel 2.6.31 with KMS. But thats been happening forever and ive never had it work even with other kernels and older drivers or xorg-servers.

ive also tried all the winetricks crap ...

i think i may have posted about this already ? i cant find my thread anyway ..... in any case, it doesnt work.

chupocabra ... psupsuspsu psu psu

#2 2009-11-08 19:00:05

Statix

Re: wine no "direct rendering"

I assume that since you said you're using "the open source drivers" you mean ATI?

There are a lot of reasons direct rendering might not work, and most are simple fixes.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI … n.27t_Work

Does your system's direct rendering work in the first place?

Madly in love with Arch64, Openbox, DotA, and of course... penguins!
Happy to help if you're not a Help Vampire. Use your wonderful resources like ArchWiki, Google, and our wonderful search page.

#3 2009-11-09 13:29:16

pedepy

Re: wine no "direct rendering"

yes direct rendering works ... thats why i mentioned it in my original post.

as it turns out, i was missing some env entry and 32 bit apps (such as wine) werent able to find the proper 32 bit libs. now that it does load, however, im faced with two new issues: one is related to kms, and while disabling kms fixes it, it in turns exposes another bug, apparently in xorg-server or the driver or wine ... it's a known issue, where all textures are rotated to no sense and everything comes to a grinding halt ... i hope they get it fixed.

chupocabra ... psupsuspsu psu psu

Board footer