You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-05 23:10:19

llcawthorne

Nouveau and a multi-card setup

Hey all:

Short, silly question that I can't seem to find an answer to.

I tried nouveau the other day.  It seemed to work fine, and I really liked how quickly I could zoom over to consoles and what not.  Problem was, my consoles were all on the wrong card. 

The card my xorg.conf calls BusID "1:0:0" seems to have been the first card it detected and where it put my consoles. 
The card xorg.conf calls BUSID "2:0:0" is where my main monitor is connected, since it is the card in the PCI-Express slots.

Does anyone know of an option I can put in my modprobe.conf or anywhere else to just tell it where to put my consoles?

Lewis

To understand recursion, you must understand recursion.

#2 2009-11-10 13:32:14

shining
Pacman Developer

Re: Nouveau and a multi-card setup

I don't understand what you are trying to do. But I don't understand anything about multicard anyway.
I heard that nouveau did not have multicard support though. But you could join #nouveau on freenode, to explain what you want to do.

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

#3 2009-11-10 16:49:12

llcawthorne

Re: Nouveau and a multi-card setup

Sorry if I was confusing.  I got nouveau to work in X with my multi-monitor / multi-card setup.  My problem was that my console was on the wrong monitor if I booted into console mode or did Alt+Tab+F1. 

My guess is that maybe (hopefully) there is an option to pass the nouveau module to tell it what display to put the console on, and I was curious if anyone knew it, since I couldn't find it in nouveau's wiki.

I'll see about asking on freenode though, if I want to play with the driver again.  Thanks!

To understand recursion, you must understand recursion.

Board footer