You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-24 00:25:48

kagutsuchi713
Website

Arch Linux Gallery

I am proud to present the re-opening of the new Arch Linux Gallery!

The Arch Linux Gallery is a site dedicated to screenshots of (guess what?) Arch Linux. It is meant to be a repository for screenshots, configs, artistic creations, and anything else Arch Linux-related.

When registering, zenphoto will provide you with your own personal album to which you can upload images and configs.
The only caveat is that, for now, it only supports .txt for text objects. So when uploading configs, they should be of .txt extension. Extensions need to be added, and I'm not sure of all the extensions that will need to be added, so if you want to request an extension to be added please post here and let me know. smile

Gallery searching, ie. filtering for only Openbox, is tag-driven, so make sure to tag photos with relevant information. Once some content starts being uploaded I can begin to create some dynamic albums of common content. I also plan to have a dynamic album for each month (like the screenshot threads) but I still need to figure out how to make that possible.

Special thanks to dennizjov who provided the server and domain, Ghost1227 for the wonderful logo, and the zenphoto devs, an amazing piece of software found over at http://www.zenphoto.org/

Here's the link, and have fun!

http://www.archlinuxgallery.com/

Last edited by kagutsuchi713 (2009-10-24 00:47:38)

#2 2009-10-27 00:30:06

crouse
Arch Linux f@h Team Member
Website

Re: Arch Linux Gallery

Glad to see it reborn smile

#3 2009-11-11 02:20:14

llcawthorne

Is nothing being displayed my fault or the site's fault?

I go to gallery, and it lists some names with question mark looking graphics beside them.  Then I click the name, and it comes to a page that looks like I should be expecting to see a picture but has nothing.

Oh, and if I click archive after clicking a name, I see:

Notice: Undefined variable: typeGallery in /home/web29205/domains/archlinuxgallery.com/public_html/themes/arch/archive.php on line 14

Either way though, thanks for picking this up and running with it.  It looks like a great idea!

To understand recursion, you must understand recursion.

#4 2009-11-11 03:12:52

kagutsuchi713
Website

You not seeing anything was because no one had uploaded anything yet... but I see that you are the first! Hope you like it and continue to use it smile

Also, thanks for letting me know about the bug - it's fixed now. I think I've found another bug upstream as well that should be fixed soon (uploaded images should automatically have their metadata updated in zenphoto).

Board footer