You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-13 14:17:23

lumpy211

Songbird Crashes X

Hi all,

I'm running a (fairly, less than two weeks old) fresh install of Arch Linux with new config files after something corrupted my previous install. I've installed Songbird from AUR and I like the progress that it's made recently and want to use it as a replacement for Amarok, especially as I've switched to a GTK environment. The only downside is that sometimes it crashes while browsing the web on it. The worst part is it crashes the entire X server. Sometimes after it crashes, I can consistently force a crash just by clicking on the tab that caused it to crash originally.

I've tried running Songbird with "songbird > ~/errors.txt" to see if it would let me know exactly what's happening, but I'm guessing since X crashes it doesn't have time to close the file properly and so all of the data is lost.

Googling around for "songbird crashes x" and similar searches produces only unrelated crash reports aimed at Windows or Mac users. I searched the forum for "songbird" but didn't see anything that immediately looked like it would help.

Does anybody know what's going on or is having this problem? I've found it especially causes crashes when browsing around Songbird's addon website if you'd like to try it yourself. If this has already been covered, would you kindly point me to where I can find help?

Thanks!

Board footer