You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-14 01:14:14

Ghost1227
Forum Fellow
Website

Arch Linux Newsletter December 2009?

For those of you who didn't see my email on the Arch General mailing list, here's the situation with the Arch Linux Newsletter/Arch Linux Magazine. As many of you know, Kensai recently moved and got married and I recently moved and have been trying to find a job. My situation led to me having difficulty finding the time to dedicate to the Newsletter/Magazine that I have in the past. Combined with Kensai's absence (and as such, our inability to post anything even if we had a completed issue), this caused the lack of our great publication for the last few months. Thankfully, the situation has been rectified and we are now preparing for our next issue. Unfortunately, this solution has come at a cost. Our fearless leader has decided to step down from his position in order to dedicate more time to his new-found family and I can't say I blame him. As such, we wish Kensai the best and hope that once his life calms down him start contributing again, even if in just a small way.

After much deliberation (alright, so maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit), the Arch Linux development team has graciously decided that they want to keep me on as editor of our official publication. As such, I am preparing for the release of our next issue! I would like to see us make a comeback to where we left off and then some. I want to see more community contributions and writers, and I want to get the Schwag report back. I want more sections and special features and I even have a few surprises in store for you all down the road a bit.

This improvement is going to be a big project and I can't do it alone. If any of you, our loyal readers, are willing to contribute please step up and say so. Leave a message here, join me in #archlinux-magazine on freenode, or send me an email at ghost1227@archlinux.us. You don't have to have a mass media background or immense technical knowledge, I can find a way for anyone to contribute. Help us make the new Arch Linux Newsletter/Arch Linux Magazine the best one yet!

.:[My Blog] || [My GitHub]:.

#2 2009-11-14 03:17:26

kgas

Re: Arch Linux Newsletter December 2009?

Wishes for your new role and thanks for the tireless work carried out by the dedicated Arch developers and Trusted users. Without you people the community is headless.  Good luck.

#3 2009-11-14 05:01:51

Ranguvar

Email sent smile  The Newsletter rocks!  And, of course, thanks for all you've done so far big_smile

#4 2009-11-14 13:14:44

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

Again, best of luck and thanks for all your contributions.

#5 2009-11-14 14:08:09

Daenyth
Forum Fellow

Awesome work Ghost! I'm glad to hear that the newsletter will keep on coming big_smile

You're a huge asset to our community.

#6 2009-11-14 17:13:55

tlaloc

Good luck with your new position (I wouldn't call it a job, since we cannot pay you - but you knew that from the start, right?).

And all the best to Kensai&family - but, wait ...

Someone should give him a present, right? At least a lousy cactus or something like that (no pun on well-known users intended).

Search, search ...

So this is for Kensai - whereever he may roam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sb1qllYxrw

#7 2009-11-14 19:04:03

Gen2ly
Website

This is great news.  Appreciate the work you have done too keep the Arch community informed.  Fired off an email to see if I can help out.

Again another ode to Kensai for all the work he did to keep the newsletter churning.

Last edited by Gen2ly (2009-11-14 19:05:09)

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#8 2009-11-15 09:49:08

lswest
Website

Sounds interesting!  I've sent you an email pledging my support tongue  Best of luck to Kensai, and thanks to both of you for doing all that you do for the community!

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

#9 2009-11-16 15:44:42

madeye
Website

I've sent you an email. Count me in.

MadEye | Registered Linux user #167944 since 2000-02-28 | Homepage

#10 2009-11-18 13:09:53

kensai
Website

Is so hard to say good bye, guys thanks for all the support you have given me all this time, without this wonderful community I would have never done all I did. I hope one day I will come back, when things get more stable, cause you know, when starting something new the start is a mess most of the time until things settle down.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#11 2009-11-21 10:23:55

lswest
Website

kensai wrote:

Is so hard to say good bye, guys thanks for all the support you have given me all this time, without this wonderful community I would have never done all I did. I hope one day I will come back, when things get more stable, cause you know, when starting something new the start is a mess most of the time until things settle down.

Don't think of it as a "good bye", but as a "See you soon".  I'll bet you'll be back once you're settled in (which may or may not happen faster than you expect).  Either way, best of luck for now and the future, and don't sweat the small things, chances are time will fix most of the small messes.

and to ghost: Do you have a rough estimate of when we might be getting started on the newsletter and such?

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

#12 2009-11-21 16:34:35

crouse
Arch Linux f@h Team Member
Website

ghost1227 ..... sent you an email

Board footer