You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-15 16:32:09

li.alvez

Dlink DIR-615 not finding connection?

Hi all, I just acquired a Dlink DIR-615 wireless network for my KDE run laptop and all seems to be good on paper but in practice i cannot connect to a web page.
i can find the box in my wifi, it shows as linked at 100%, yet on firefox it shows that the page could not be found!? ive been looking around but im not sure where to find the solution to the issue does anyone know what i could do to improve the issue? Let me know if you need more info im still green at arch if possible a little simplistic explanation would be much appreciated.
Thanks!!!

#2 2009-11-15 17:44:48

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Dlink DIR-615 not finding connection?

The good news is that I think your router will work just fine.  Mine supports an Arch Laptop, a Macbook, a Wii, and an HP printer via wireless.

Are you using WPA or WPA-2?
Are you using TKIP or or only allowing AES?
Are you using b,g, or pseudo-n?
What is your laptop's wireless hardware?

In my case I am using the broadcom wl driver on an 802.11g link.  I have the router configured for WPA-2 Only with AES encryption

When I was setting up my system, I found that if the encryption was mis-configured, I could connect to the router and could "Ping" it.  Like you, however, I could not send or receive usable packets.

Here is my modules line from /etc/.rc.conf

MODULES=(hp_wmi !ssb !b43 lib80211_crypt_tkip wl acpi-cpufreq cpufreq-ondemand cpufreq_conservative cpufreq_powersave)

Again, this is for the broadcom wl driver.  Notice that I specifically excluded TKIP encryption.  The prohibition on ssb and b43 are required only if one is using the Broadcom wl driver.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer