You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-02 12:51:33

jack.mitchell
Website

Segmentation Faults - Ario

Hello,

I recently started from scratch with a new Arch Linux install on my desktop. I've been running Arch Linux for about 10 months now and have done many installs so i'm not exactally a newbie. However with my most recent desktop install I made an error and as my locale I set it as en_UK instead of en_GB. I realised this after I had installed everything and set up my de. Now I have reinstalled everything using the pacman -S $(pacman -Qq | grep -v "$(pacman -Qmq)") and then I rebuilt the ario-svn build that I am using through yaourt. However ario starts but after the configuration screen and when the program should start it quits giving me the error: Segmentation Fault. Now I have also tried the stable build of ario with the same result but I am guessing this is something fundamentally wrong with my system rather than an ario fault, becuase I run the same version on my lappy which is also x86_64 with no problems. All I can think is that this locale bodge up may have skewed something.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Jack.

#2 2009-03-06 01:46:20

markisthejob

Re: Segmentation Faults - Ario

to change your locale edit /etc/locale.gen and just comment en_uk and uncomment en_gb. Then as root run locale-gen

#3 2009-03-06 03:18:44

skottish
Forum Fellow

If fixing the locale stops Ario from segfaulting, file a bug report with the project. The developer is very accessible and would probably appreciate the report.

#4 2009-11-20 05:56:34

OU812

Hello. I think I had the same problem. I think I fixed it by changing the permissions in the folder ~/.config/ario using pcmanfm (launched as root).

john

P.S. Sorry if this thread is dead.

Board footer