You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-06 21:43:00

nifan

gDesklets build

hey there. i've been trying to build gDesklets ( http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org ) wich i've managed to, but i've noticed that in order to this program to run, i need to recompile the gnome-python with pyorbit (i've done the package and managed to install it compiled with pyorbit on the system), then i've tried to run gdesklets, wich result in another error, i needed to compile libbonobo and/or libbonoboui with the pyorbit installed, but i've failed here, dont know why neutral if someone could try to build it or give me a hand i apreciated. if needed i'll provide the packages i've already build.

p.s. - dam my english is getting worse :

______
"Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil." - Plato

#2 2003-09-06 21:50:25

contrasutra

Re: gDesklets build

I have the same problem.

Ive basically recompiled all python/gnome tools, and it still doesnt work.

That error is haunting my dreams.

I think its a problem with python 2.3.

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

#3 2003-09-06 21:52:50

nifan

hm, thats odd ... have you tried to recompile python? i'm going to try that late this night to see whats diferent.

______

#4 2003-09-07 14:14:16

nifan

well this is kind of odd, but since i relogin, the program works fine, i've been testing it all morning and its stable. hope you download it from incoming and test it, if anything fails or something related to this package say it. smile

______

#5 2003-09-07 17:11:01

netkrash

nifan wrote:

well this is kind of odd, but since i relogin, the program works fine, i've been testing it all morning and its stable. hope you download it from incoming and test it, if anything fails or something related to this package say it. smile

i'll rebuild/test it right now,hope it will be onto unofficial into a couple of minutes smile

GNU/Linux: Share & Enjoy!

#6 2003-09-07 17:24:35

nifan

that would be nice
theres still something i forgot to tell, when installing sensors a error msg shows up, but its not important, the sensor sould get installed anyway.

______

#7 2003-09-07 18:45:07

netkrash

im getting really silly errors

look

File "/home/sarah/Arch/unofficial/lib/gnome-python/pkg/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/bonobo/__init__.py", line 6, in ?
ImportError: No module named ORBit

seems that gnome-python NEEDS TO BE FIXED. and we need pyorbit as well (i'm aware that you already build the pkg)

there are some issues with this gnome-python based pkgs like the links the installer creates when make install. it points to the $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
and that is VERY WRONG.

i fix that adding a /etc/profile.d script to export the PATH variable to /usr/share/gdesklets

and that solves the problem.

anyway i had problems importing the gnome.ui modules
i fix that changing the source code to just import gnome-

after all the fixes i've done there are a lot of another issues like gnome-python is pointing to sarah's $HOME smile

i dunno if we can get this pkg to work today. i'll do my best.

greets,

GNU/Linux: Share & Enjoy!

Board footer