You are not logged in.

#1551 2009-10-19 11:02:35

burnie

Re: Daily KDE4 Subversion Packages

Hello,
is it possible to adapt these PKGBUILDs to install under /opt/kde4 instead of /usr? I'm looking for an easy way to do KDE development without having to completely switch to unstable.
Does anybody know if there is a build service (like the one from openSuSE) supporting Arch?

Thanks for your answers.

P.S. Please redirect me to another thread if this is the wrong place for my questions.

#1552 2009-10-26 05:03:52

atomopawn

flamelab wrote:

I suppose that the PKGBUILDs on gitorious are updated more the ones on the eth.os. Can someone provide a build order list please smile

Here's a script I use to build the "master" branch of the git repos.  This uses the order that is recommended by the KDE folks (I think I stole it from the kdesvn-build script).

You can remove the repo-add line if you like.  I use it to help pacman keep track of which packages I've installed.  I suppose I could make it public so that anyone could use it.  But I don't know if my ISP would frown on that or not.

#!/bin/sh

PKGLIST="/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kde-qt
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/qt-copy-doc
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdesupport
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdelibs
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdeartwork
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdepimlibs
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdebase
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdeplasma-addons
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdepim
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdebindings
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdeedu
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdegames
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdegraphics
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdemultimedia
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdenetwork
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdesdk
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdetoys
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdeutils
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdevplatform
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdevelop
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdewebdev
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/koffice
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdeadmin
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kdeaccessibility
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/extragear-base
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/extragear-graphics
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/extragear-multimedia
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/extragear-network
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/extragear-pim
/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/hotstuff
"
#/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/playground-libs
#/home/robert/kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/playground-base-plasma

for d in ${PKGLIST};
do
        PKG=`basename $d`;
        cd $d
        rm /var/abs/local/eth-os/packages/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
        makepkg 2>&1 >> ~/mpkg.log
        sudo pacman -Uf /var/abs/local/eth-os/packages/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
        sudo repo-add /var/abs/local/eth-os/packages/custom.db.tar.gz /var/abs/local/eth-os/packages/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
done;

#1553 2009-10-26 05:07:12

atomopawn

burnie wrote:

Hello,
is it possible to adapt these PKGBUILDs to install under /opt/kde4 instead of /usr?

You could try running this command from in the "svn" directory after you pull in the "master" branch from git:

sed -i -e 's:usr:opt/kde4:g' */PKGBUILD

This will change the CMAKE install directory.  It might have some side effects, though.  Give it a try and let me know if you run into any problems.

#1554 2009-10-26 05:13:48

atomopawn

markc wrote:

Just a note to say I will most likely really really will stop building my set of KDE packages (the ones available from eth-os.org.) They are becoming increasingly messed up and I no longer have the time to test and keep them uptodate. Apologies for any inconvenience but it's been coming for awhile. Hopefully someone(s) will keep up the tradition of Daily KDE Git packages and I am more than happy to help if I can! My interest has moved to pure Javascript desktop and server systems. I'll remove the binary packages in another week or so.

I am maintaining the "master" (unsplit) branch of the git PKGBUILDs.  Stephan, are you still working on the split ones? 

The packages currently build and use kde-qt-4.6.  I think everything works and builds correctly except for "playground" stuff which I don't think it is a good idea to support.  I will try to create an amarok PKGBUILD to add to the repository, but it might take me a few days.

Please let me know if any of you encounter problems and I will try to solve them expeditiously.

--Robert

#1555 2009-10-26 06:11:49

venky80

is this repo being maintained by someone else now?

Acer Aspire V5-573P Antergos KDE

#1556 2009-10-26 06:17:52

markc
Website

@atomopawn: howdy, if you provide some details about the current state of the source and binary packages then I'll update the first page entry. Stephans amarok PKGBUILD probably works okay and he has a "split" branch that was updated on the 22nd so he must be still working on them.

http://gitorious.org/kde-git-pkgbuilds/ … k/PKGBUILD

There is a whole wiki waiting for some info here (hint hint) :-)

http://gitorious.org/kde-git-pkgbuilds/pages/Home

I'm in the process of removing any of my old source and binary packages so there is no confusion. From my point of view, the current home for this project is @ http://gitorious.org/kde-git-pkgbuilds and anyone is welcome to join.

#1557 2009-10-26 07:06:05

atomopawn

markc wrote:

@atomopawn: howdy, if you provide some details about the current state of the source and binary packages then I'll update the first page entry.

It might be better to start a new entry altogether and just point this one to it.  That way, this will show up on the first page of entries, but still let people who are following it know what's going on.  I'll try to update the wiki soon.  First, I'm going to test a few fixes to my kde-qt PKGBUILD and try to get amarok building (necessitates some changes to kdesupport).  Then, I'll commit my changes and update the wiki.

Here is the status of the packages as far as I can tell:

1.  There are no binary packages any more as far as I know now that yours are gone.  Unless Stephan still has his available?

2.  The source packages build, install, and run effectively.  I have been using them as a production system for some months now with few problems (fewer than with the official KDE 4.3 packages, but then again, I need some kdepim features that aren't supported in 4.3, but are in 4.4). 

However . . . I did have to introduce some patches (involving libssh of all things, I think) that I'm not sure I have introduced into the git tree yet.  I will check and make sure, then post here when I know if things are "shippable".

#1558 2009-10-26 07:39:55

markc
Website

Looks like he is not updating them anymore as the most recent is Sep 1st, I'll probably remove them too. I'm not sure but he might he might be waiting until he has a working set of split packages. There is not much point in providing any binary packages unless they are regularly updated. If a script and the packages build okay then it's better to advise any one interested to just grab the source packages (via simple instructions on the wiki) and let them build overnight. It's just the initial git clone of the KDE sources that is a bit of a killer but if anyone wants to use these source packages then chances are they will want to build them regularly anyway.

http://pkg.eth-os.org/kde/stephan/x86_64/

Perhaps you might want to add your nice script (BUILDALL?) to the root of the packages, just generalize it a bit like...

#!/bin/sh

SRCPATH=/home/robert
BINPATH=/var/abs/local/eth-os/packages/

PKGLIST="kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kde-qt
... etc

cd $SRCPATH/kde-git-pkgbuilds && git pull

for d in ${PKGLIST};
do
        PKG=`basename $d`;
        cd $SRCPATH/$d
        rm $BINPATH/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
        sudo pacman -Uf $BINPATH/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
        sudo repo-add $BINPATH/custom.db.tar.gz $BINPATH/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
done

Last edited by markc (2009-10-26 07:42:04)

#1559 2009-10-26 09:13:29

atomopawn

Okay.  I think the changes I just pushed will ensure that everything (including Amarok) builds for everyone.  That doesn't mean it will RUN perfectly -- this IS development code.

#1560 2009-10-26 09:17:00

atomopawn

Rats.  I think I just clobbered Stephan's split branch by mistake.

#1561 2009-10-26 10:18:19

markc
Website

@autopawn: I think it's still there. git checkout split changes to a split branch but I'm not familiar enough with git to know for sure. That is the rationale for using gitorious.org, to have a real world case to learn Git.

#1562 2009-10-26 18:49:49

deej

markc wrote:

Looks like he is not updating them anymore as the most recent is Sep 1st, I'll probably remove them too. I'm not sure but he might he might be waiting until he has a working set of split packages. There is not much point in providing any binary packages unless they are regularly updated. If a script and the packages build okay then it's better to advise any one interested to just grab the source packages (via simple instructions on the wiki) and let them build overnight. It's just the initial git clone of the KDE sources that is a bit of a killer but if anyone wants to use these source packages then chances are they will want to build them regularly anyway.

http://pkg.eth-os.org/kde/stephan/x86_64/

Perhaps you might want to add your nice script (BUILDALL?) to the root of the packages, just generalize it a bit like...

#!/bin/sh

SRCPATH=/home/robert
BINPATH=/var/abs/local/eth-os/packages/

PKGLIST="kde-git-pkgbuilds/svn/kde-qt
... etc

cd $SRCPATH/kde-git-pkgbuilds && git pull

for d in ${PKGLIST};
do
        PKG=`basename $d`;
        cd $SRCPATH/$d
        rm $BINPATH/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz

sudo mv ${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz $BINPATH/  # Amendment

sudo pacman -Uf $BINPATH/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
        sudo repo-add $BINPATH/custom.db.tar.gz $BINPATH/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz
done

... maybe needs the amendment above ?

( in order, of course, that the next line 'sudo pacman -Uf $BINPATH/${PKG}*.pkg.tar.gz' works )

Deej

Last edited by deej (2009-10-27 07:12:41)

#1563 2009-10-30 00:02:12

Last of the Wolves

first of all: sorry that I didn't answer. I didn't get any message about new posts.

@markc: If you still want to host my packages I would really like to use your server. I will set up everything again as soon as possible.
What's about your mpkg-script? Are you still working on it?

@atomopawn: You commited something. I'm quite glad to here that it was a mistake so I'll try to roll it back.

#1564 2009-10-30 01:46:25

markc
Website

@Last of the Wolves: do you think you would be able to build and upload fairly reliably, say, at least once a week? Let me know if you need help with the upload details. As for mpkg it's still there at http://git.eth-os.org/markc/mpkg and I was using it up until a few weeks ago. It's probably easier to build up a new script from scratch as mpkg is intended to build lots of packages and architectures.

I'm not sure if it will get anymore work unless I can include the Archlinux package system into something like Buildroot to be able to cross-compile for ARM, otherwise I'll have to use Debian style packaging.

#1565 2009-10-30 09:29:01

Last of the Wolves

@markc: I'll build my packages daily from now on (except the next few days as there is some other project running on my machine taking all the cpus und ram). Packages are uploading right now.

I think I'll spend some time trying to make a new, reliable and customizable build-skript. But this can take a while as I have some other stuff to do.

Greetings
Stephan

#1566 2009-11-05 09:18:38

markc
Website

@Last of the Wolves: excellent, you managed to build i686 as well. A build script can be fairly simple if all it does is build a certain set of packages and optionally uploads them. There are hopefully a few useful clues in the mpkg/mcfg scripts. Feel free to remove kde/stable and any unused source packages from gitorious. If you or anyone has more current details about source, binary packages or build scripts then just let me know and I'll update the very first post in this thread.

I'm sure I can speak for anyone still using these packages.... thank you Stephan! :-)

#1567 2009-11-17 12:45:42

habarnam
Website

@Last of the wolves:

1. Will you provide newer packages ? The ones currently on the repo are from 30th of October.
2. Can you please post the build script in the git repo ? I would be interested in providing some computing time, building some of the packages, but I am behind a corporate firewall, with access only to the 443 port for git access. So your script would be a great starting point for me.
3. Can we get a wiki page on gitorious for how to set up the new repo ?

And by the way, thank you for your contribution Stephan...

#1568 2009-11-18 00:38:37

sandsmark
Website

Is there any chance that the packages can be built to be installed/use another prefix than the normal packages (so you can choose either a stable KDE session or an unstable one in the login manager)?

It will require some (one-off) work (changing the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in all PKGBUILDs, change the localprefix in the kdelibs PKGBUILD (or wherever you set it), and provide a profile.d-script to set the env. variables, and a modified .desktop file for the new session).

It shouldn't be much work (it should be possible to dig out the stuff from the old KDEmod PKGBUILDs, from when it was in /opt). :-)

#1569 2009-11-18 01:49:54

markc
Website

Something like these might work...

for p in */PKGBUILD; do sed -i.bkp "/CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/s/=.*[^ \\]/=\/opt\/kdegit/" $p; done
#/etc/profile.d/kdegit.sh
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR:/usr
export PATH=$PATH:$KDEDIR/bin

#1570 2009-11-18 03:43:06

mutlu_inek

I agree that installing these packages under a different prefix would be a great idea!

#1571 2009-11-18 15:05:29

sandsmark
Website

Seems like the session file is updated automatically according to the install prefix, luckily.

But kdebase-workspace needs to be patched similarily to this: http://chakra-project.org/svn/archive/4 … tkde.patch

#1572 2009-11-20 17:38:49

The User

H!

There were no updates since weeks. Is this correct? Why?

The User

#1573 2009-11-20 21:03:47

iggy

markc wrote:

Just a note to say I will most likely really really will stop building my set of KDE packages (the ones available from eth-os.org.) They are becoming increasingly messed up and I no longer have the time to test and keep them uptodate. Apologies for any inconvenience but it's been coming for awhile. Hopefully someone(s) will keep up the tradition of Daily KDE Git packages and I am more than happy to help if I can! My interest has moved to pure Javascript desktop and server systems. I'll remove the binary packages in another week or so.

that's it!

sorry for my bad english smile

#1574 2009-11-21 04:27:55

markc
Website

@The User: there are some packages available from the "stephan" repo but they are already 2 weeks old. I have updated the very first posting to say the project is almost dead but may linger on.

#1575 2009-12-22 10:54:38

Last of the Wolves

Hey,

once again sorry for the long break. For some reason I don't get mails anymore when there are new posts.
The packages are building on my server quite well but as I share the server with others and we have limited traffic I don't want to share the URL. I'm still working on my build script. It can be found at http://gitorious.org/mpkg2. I just implemented the uploading so maybe the repo will be updated daily from now on.
The split branch of the PKGBUILDs is building fine now but I need some help keeping track with the trunk.
If most of the users want KDE to be installed in another directory than /usr you can change that. For me it's too much work now.

Greetings
Stephan

Board footer