You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-08 02:25:35

mrjohnston

Xmail Package Please

I have been using XMail on my windows box for a while now and it is by far the simplest mail server I have used.  Pop and SMTP in one with things like auth and some nice configuration and webmail apps in php to make things easy.  Plus it works on both windows and linux like apache so no matter what you use it will work.  I am not good with how to do packages so I figured I'd see if someone would make one.  If not I will have to try my hand at it when I get the chance.
Thanks,
mrjohnston

#2 2005-02-08 09:05:37

STiAT

Re: Xmail Package Please

I've had the following result building a package:

filelist
PKGBUILD
(STARTUP SCRIPT)xmail
(BINARY) xmail-1.21-1.pkg.tar.gz

Following notes to the package:
I didn't prove it's working (xmail itself, it starts, it stops, but i didn't configure the server).
I don't know if this PKGBUILD is "the arch way of doing" things.
The startup script you just need if you are using the PKGBUILD to compile from source (the binary package has it included).
I dont know if and how it will work on other machines.
It installs to /opt/XMail, since /var isn't an "arch standard" dir for putting software to (you'll need to configure your MailRoot there).
The binary package has some warning output of namcap concerning "empty" directories, which actually will be used by XMail i expect. I just ignored them, since i didn't want to make an xmail.install creating this folders after install.

If you've problems with the package, post back, and i'll try to fix the problem.

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

Board footer