You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-21 17:14:07

Xenokite
Website

Rankmirrors fastest download list!! [Solved]

This is really not my fist time installing Archlinux but it kinda is... if you understand what i mean. I was trying to run RANKMIRRORS and it kept telling me that the directory command doesn't exist i don't have what it actually said cause i decided to skip it and continue with the install. Now at some packages it is really slow and when i use to test arch on a V box rank-mirror worked and the packets download was crazy sick fast so maybe i over looked something.

Last edited by Xenokite (2009-11-24 01:56:16)

Registered Linux user :#500622
"être fort pour être utile" (be strong to be useful) —Georges Hébert
"There is only Good people and Bad people, we should not be judged by Race, religion or sex but we should be judged by our deeds or actions." - Lindsey Irving
Xenokite aka Lycan

#2 2009-11-21 17:22:16

MadTux

Re: Rankmirrors fastest download list!! [Solved]

But rankmirrors only sorts your current mirrors according to your download speed. Why don't you take the ranked mirrors out of your V box into your new install and try if downloads get faster?

#3 2009-11-21 17:31:12

Xenokite
Website

Re: Rankmirrors fastest download list!! [Solved]

the only thing that make that a so so idea is that i killed the v box version i had. Well i edited the file without using rankmirror I'll see what happens, or maybe i could get each link and ping them each and see what has a faster response. But that might take awhile ..lol..

ok well i am in openbox and i try to rankmirror again and it worked so i just over looked something i guess. Thanks anyways.

Last edited by Xenokite (2009-11-21 18:45:49)

Registered Linux user :#500622
"être fort pour être utile" (be strong to be useful) —Georges Hébert
"There is only Good people and Bad people, we should not be judged by Race, religion or sex but we should be judged by our deeds or actions." - Lindsey Irving
Xenokite aka Lycan

Board footer