You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-20 21:16:20

jankowiak

[SOLVED] Request for help with a couple of issues...

I've been using arch for the last few weeks and I've been enjoying it but unfortunately this week I've run into 2 (main problems) that I have had anywhere else, one is more of a nuisance and the other is obnoxious...

1. After rebooting to add in httpd and mysqld as daemons I ran into a problem, whenever I press and hold a key (ie arrows or backspace) it only triggers once, in other words I can't press down to scroll through a website or press and hold backspace to delete a long string of characters I need to repeatedly press the buttons. I know the issue is related to something I did before installing apache/mysql, but I don't know what, any ideas?

2. And now for my main problem, I am running OpenBox with a gtk2 theme, after the same reboot everytime I alt+tab or past a long string of text into any editor (leafpad, eclipse, whatever) it takes about 2 seconds to refresh what I just did, this makes any kind of work very hard. I don't have any kind of composition runnning (I have both xcomp and cairo installed but they make my laptop pretty much unuseable).

My hardware is far from being incapable: Athlon X2 and 3GB of RAM.

Any suggestions for these issues?

Thanks in advance
Jankow

Last edited by jankowiak (2009-11-23 16:36:52)

#2 2009-11-20 21:19:37

kazuo
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Request for help with a couple of issues...

For the first issue try to set repeat on in X with

xset r on

I dont I have a idea for the second one.

#3 2009-11-23 16:36:29

jankowiak

Re: [SOLVED] Request for help with a couple of issues...

Thanks for the solution, that worked, set it in the autostart.sh (there has to be a better solution tongue ), As for the second issue, I recompiled xorg and that seems to have fixed it, still kind of slow, but much better.

Board footer