You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-22 10:50:56

kurisutian

[solved] no sound when booting with webcam attached

Hi everybody,

hopefully this is the right section to post since I'm not quite sure if the problem is related to KDE or a general hardware thing. ;-)
Anyway, the problem that I have is that I don't have any sound at all when booting my system while my webcam, a logitech 9000 pro, is attached to the USB port.
Even when unplugging the webcam afterwards the sound does not work. I need to reboot my system first with the webcam detached and than it'll work again. I also did already manually insert the modules in /etc/rc.conf but no change. Every time it seems that the webcams audio interface will be recognized as the primary audio device.
When not having the camera plugged in and plugging it in while KDE is up, everything works like a charm.
But of course it bothers me quite big time to unplug the webcam every time after using it and rebooting the system again after I forgot to unplug it.
I also checked for other modules to be loaded automatically (compared the output of lsmod before and after plugging in the webcam) but there was no change.
So does anyone have an idea what to do in order to get the order of the audio devices right?

Thank you!...

Last edited by kurisutian (2009-11-23 19:34:10)

#2 2009-11-22 11:45:28

frefyx

Re: [solved] no sound when booting with webcam attached

In your /etc/rc.d/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf try to put zero index for your audio driver, so it will load first. In my case it's this line:

options snd-hda-intel index=0

#3 2009-11-22 12:06:33

jelly
Administrator

else try to checkout what is using your soundcard with `lsof`   

pacman -S lsof

#4 2009-11-23 19:33:25

kurisutian

Thanks a lot! Did work flawless....

Case closed.... wink