You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-24 12:00:04

kleofas

KMail and S/MIME signing - "no proper keys for this identity found"

Hi,

I am going through hell since thursday. I need to send an e-mail with S/MIME signature. Earlier I had troubles importing PKCS12 certificates (with private key), but I have somehow maganed to get through it (after 3 days of tweaking with pinentry, gpg-protection-tool and other stuff and googling I've downgraded libassuan, gpgme, gnupg, gnupg2 and libgpg-error). Now my certs can be imported without any problems.

My problem now is that when I want to send a signed e-mail KMail says that "You've chosen to sign this message, but no proper keys for this identity found.". I set the S/MIME signing key and encryption cert in the KMail identity conf. I've tried to set some other GPG key just for a test and it worked. The pinentry window pops up. Why does it discover only PGP keys? The identity conf sees the needed key, but the e-mail window says different. I've tried upgrading back libassuan, gpgme, gnupg, gnupg2 and libgpg-error, but that didn't do the trick. My university policy is that I *have to* send S/MIME signed e-mails in order to get what I want.

Can anybody help me debug that situation?

Last edited by kleofas (2009-11-24 15:49:34)

Board footer