You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-06 13:29:26

triplem
Website

ArchLinux Java Development Stack

Hello,

I have created some packages, which do belong together and form the, what I call it, ArchLinux Development Stack. This Stack contains right now Hudson(package: java-hudson), Sonar (java-sonar), Nexus (java-nexus) and Redmine (redmine-mysql-svn).

I know that these packages are not perfect as of yet, but any feedback is welcome. You can find the project page on OpenPario.

If you do like one or all of these packages, then please vote in the AUR for them.

#2 2009-11-07 11:43:13

wottam

Re: ArchLinux Java Development Stack

Nice set of applications smile

#3 2009-11-09 15:54:56

triplem
Website

Sure, these are some applications which are, from my perspective, needed in (every) Java Development Project. I have already packed those applications in the AUR. The next step, is to provide a LDAP Directory, so that only one Login is needed on all applications. A kind of SSO-thing would be nice as well, but this is another step.

In the future, I would like to provide a LARCH cd with these apps and some more apps as well (e.g. GIT), so that somebody can easily install this kind of "distro", based on Arch Linux of course, onto a local machine (probably inside an VM).

Furtheremore I would like to provide some plugins to these apps, so that some kind of common feature are already provided as well.

Anybody interested in helping out?

#4 2009-11-22 19:45:08

triplem
Website

We have now published the Hudson Package again. This time it is more unix-ified and it works using the user hudson. The packages now all use their own user (sonar uses user sonar, hudson uses the user hudson and nexus uses the user nexus). Further documentation can be found on the project pages.

The next step will be to provide more documentation on the integration of all these packages. Furthermore there is the need for a Redmine plugin to provide a more easy git-integration.

There is still a need for more developers. If you are interested, just register yourself on the project page. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#5 2009-11-24 22:06:44

spookykid

Hi triplem,

it would be great if this would work out of the box in Linux and Windows, my idea would be to create a package with all these applications that would deploy itself onto a remoter server, localhost or user specified. A welcome page could be used as a front page for administration and user login. What do you think about this?

There is no knowledge that is not power!

#6 2009-11-24 22:44:53

triplem
Website

Hello Spookykid,

do you mean something like a BitNami Stack?

Currently I am planning something more like a Live Cd or a Virtual Image, of course based on ArchLinux. Right now I think that we need to integrate all these packages nicely. After this is done I would like to publish a LiveCd an probably the Virtual Machine Image.

I know that some Dev Shops do run Windows, but Developers are IT people and should be able to run a Linux Box. Probably we are loosing some potential "customers", but I definitly cannot do everything :-)

so, if you are still interested, I am more then happy, if you are going to help out.

R,

triplem

Board footer